- 1/4 c. cooked brown rice
- 1/2 c. quick oats or gluten-free quick oats
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1+1/4 c. pecan meal
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 Tbsp. basil leaves
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs or gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1/2 c. water
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked rice, quick oats, onion, pecan meal, garlic, yeast flakes, basil, bread crumbs, sea salt, parsley and water. Mix well with hands.
- Scoop out and form into balls. Fry in a little oil, rolling and turning meatballs until evenly browned.
- To serve, allow to cool, insert toothpicks, and dip in spaghetti sauce. Also can be served with gravy or on pasta.