- 1+1/4 oz. package active dry yeast
- 1/4 c. warm water
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 3+3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, mix yeast, 1/4 cup warm water, and honey. Set aside to foam for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine one cup water, oil, and salt. Add yeast mixture and flour.
- Knead in bowl until dough holds together, adding more water as necessary to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto floured board and knead, adding more flour as necessary, for about 5 minutes, or until smooth and springy.
- Oil dough with a little olive oil and let rest in a warm place for a couple of hours before using. Can be refrigerated and used the next day.
- Roll out dough, add desired toppings and bake at 400 – 425 degrees F for 20 – 25 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned on bottom. Makes 2 pizza crusts.
* Try adding a cup or two of cooked shredded cauliflower or other vegetables to your pizza dough.