- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2-½ tablespoons water
- 2 c. unbleached flour – can use whole wheat
- 3 c. quick oats
- 1 c. wheat germ
- ½ tsp. salt
- l ¼ c. water
- ½ c. grape seed oil
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Mix the flax seed with the 2-½ tablespoons of water and set aside for about 5 minutes to gel.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and mix the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add the liquids, including the gelled flaxseed. Stir well to combine.
- Spray a 17-inch x 12-inch baking sheet with a non-stick cooking spray and spread the dough evenly on the pan patting firmly.
- Cut into 96 1-½ inch x 1 ½ inch squares and prick each square twice with a fork.
- Sprinkle with salt if desired and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy. Cool and break apart.