- 3 c. instant polenta
- 9 c. water
- 7 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 1 c. dried porcini mushroom slices
- 1 c. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. fresh baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 4 c. baby spinach leaves, packed
- 4 c. Daiya vegan cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 3 c. marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 c. chopped fresh basil
- Bring the 9 cups water to a boil. Add chicken style seasoning, then slowly stir in polenta. Continue to cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Spread cooked polenta into 3 – 9 x 13 inch oiled baking dishes to cool.
- In a small saucepan, bring the 1 cup water and salt to a boil. Add porcini mushrooms and simmer until water is gone.
- Add a little olive oil and the portobello mushrooms. Sauté lightly.
- Spread half the tomato sauce onto the first layer of polenta and top with half the sautéed mushrooms, spinach and cheese.
- Place another layer of polenta on top and spread with remaining tomato sauce, mushrooms, spinach and cheese. Add top layer of polenta and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes – until hot and bubbly. Cool 10 minutes before cutting into squares.