- Chopped onions
- Chopped carrots
- Chopped celery
- Chopped red bell pepper, optional
- Bring to a boil in a large stock pot.
- When vegetables are half-cooked, the soup can be stored away for future use.
Variations using soup base: Add desired ingredients and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Potato Soup: Add cooked, sliced red potatoes with skins on. Add vegetable base for flavor. Cream of Potato Soup: Add soy milk and instant mashed potatoes to potato soup
- Tomato Rice Soup: Add tomatoes, vegetable base and cooked rice. Thicken with tomato paste.
- Minestrone: Add tomatoes, vegetable base, 2 parts chili powder to 1 part cumin. Add white beans and pasta.
- Vegetable Soup: Add vegetable base, sliced zucchini, green onions and cilantro, or any other vegetables you desire. Thicken with cornstarch slurry.