- 1 sweet pepper of every color
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 1 purple onion
- 1 lb. extra firm tofu
- cherry tomatoes
- wild rice or orzo
- peanut oil
- fresh ginger root, finely shredded
- fresh cloves of garlic, shredded
- vegetable seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- Drain block of tofu, wrap in paper towels and press to remove excess moisture. Cut into medium to large cubes. Place in a dish of water and seasonings and let sit for half an hour.
- Place skewer sticks in rectangular container and cover with enough hot water as to soak them in seasoned water. I suggest some peanut oil and
shredded ginger and let the bamboo sticks soak and become flexible.
- As the tofu marinates, wash the cherry tomatoes and set aside. Wash and chop the peppers and chop the onions, all in medium to large pieces.
- Place the veggies and tofu on the skewers. The order in which you make it really doesn’t matter. Continue until the veggies are all used up.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered, until the veggies are cooked, then uncover and let the tofu brown. Serve over wild rice or cooked orzo. Yummy!