- 1/2 pint, 250 ml or 1 c. unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 6 oz., 180 g or 3/4 c. self-raising flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 oz., 200 g or 1/2 c. margarine or canola oil
- 6 oz., 175 g or 3/4 c. light turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (essence)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix soy milk and apple cider vinegar together until frothy. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Alternate adding soy milk mixture and flour mixture a little at a time, until all is moistened. Beat until well mixed.
- Spoon into lined cupcake tins, filling each about 1/2 full. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
* To serve, make a little hole in top of cupcake and spoon in a little jam. Decorate if you like.