- 1 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 c. spelt flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 1/4 – 2 1/2 c. almond milk
- 15 oz. cooked, pureed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 1/4 c. cane sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. pecan halves, toasted
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- 2 c. pure maple syrup
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sweet potatoes, salt, ginger, coriander, cardamom, coconut oil, cane sugar, vanilla and baking powder. Mix or blend well.
- Mix in flour and enough almond milk to make a thick batter. Add toasted pecans.
- Fill hot waffle iron with batter and cook for about 10 minutes.
- For topping heat dried cranberries and maple syrup over low heat until flavors combine. Serve over waffles. Add a little non-dairy whipped topping if you like.
* You can substitute spelt flour with other types of whole grain or gluten-free flour if you like, or try combining oat and coconut flour.