- 4 oz. or 175 g whole wheat flour
- 2 oz. plain flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2 1/2 oz. or 60 g vegan margarine
- 2 oz. or 50 g turbinado sugar
- 1 level Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 c. or 125 ml soy milk
- Sift flours and baking powder together. Add the bran back to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream sugar, maple syrup and margarine together. Add to flour mixture and stir in.
- Stir in soy milk a little at a time until a smooth batter is formed. Pour into oiled baking pan.
- Sprinkle a little turbinado sugar on the top if you like. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
* You can add raisins, currants, cherries or nuts if you like.