- 3/4 c. vital wheat gluten flour
- 1/4 c. rice flour
- 1 c. water
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. beefless base
- 1 c. BBQ sauce
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Combine water and beefless base. Set aside.
- Stir together the gluten flour, rice flour, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir in water and beefless base to form a very soft dough.
- On an oiled baking sheet, pat out handfuls of dough into rectangular shapes 2 by 3 inches and 1/2 inch thick. Place 2 cinnamon sticks on top, leaving ends sticking out. Cover with a little more of the dough, shaping as you like.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for about 40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
- Spread with BBQ sauce and bake* at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes, turning frequently and basting as necessary, until BBQ sauce has formed a nice glazed coating.
- Serve hot with BBQ dipping sauce.
* Can also be fried or cooked on a grill.