- 3 oz., 75 g or 1/2 c. raisins or currants
- 3 oz., 75 g or 1/2 c. pitted dates, chopped
- 3/4 pt., 435 ml or 1 3/4 c. water
- 9 oz., 250 g or 3/4 c. sweetener (half maple syrup and half molasses)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 10 oz., 300 g or 2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- In a small saucepan, combine raisins, dates, water and sweetener, bring to a boil and simmer until fruit is softened. Cool.
- Sift dry ingredients together, adding back the bran. Stir wet ingredients into dry and stir until well mixed.
- Spoon into lined cupcake tins and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.