- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. unbleached white flour
- 1 qt. plain soy milk
- 4 vegan breakfast sausage patties
- 2 Tbsp. onion powder, opt.
- pinch of sea salt, or to taste
- red pepper flakes, opt.
- Brown sausage patties in 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil, breaking them up as they cook.
- Remove from pan and set aside, leaving what sticks to the pan.
- Add 3 tablespoons olive oil and flour to the pan and cook, stirring, until browned. Add soy milk, adding a little at a time, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened.
- Add seasonings. Stir in sausage. Nice sauce for biscuits and gravy.