- 2 c. parsnips, finely shredded
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/4 small red or white onion, finely diced
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 c. homemade mayonnaise or Veganaise
- 1/2 c. relish, made with lemon juice
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp. kelp powder
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 6 – 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Place parsnips, celery and onion in food processor and process until fine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine parsnip mixture, lemon zest, lemon juice, mayonnaise, relish, yeast flakes, kelp and sea salt. Mix well.
- Serve in sandwiches, adding more mayonnaise and some lettuce if desired.