- 3 c. cooked black beans or 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1+1/2 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. grape seed oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1+1/2 tsp. green onions, chopped
- farina, opt.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté lightly until golden brown. Reduce heat.
- Add beans, then mash half of them with a potato masher or the back of a spoon, adding the water a little at a time. Simmer until broth is thick and creamy.
- Garnish with green onions and farina if desired.