- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 c. green bell pepper, chopped, opt.
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 5 28oz. cans tomatoes, crushed or puree
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup or other sweetener
- In a large saucepan, combine oil, onions and peppers and sauté until onions are clear.
- Add tomatoes, thinning the sauce with a little water if too thick.
- Add garlic, basil, oregano, salt and maple syrup, and simmer for 30 minutes to an hour, or until flavors have blended.