- 1 c. fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c. onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated peeled ginger, or to taste
- 1/4 c. peppermint leaves
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Place tomatoes, onions and lime juice in blender. Blend until puréed. Add garlic, ginger and salt and blend.
- Add peppermint leaves to mixture in blender and pulse just until the peppermint is chopped.
- Spread mixture on sliced whole grain french bread and serve.
* This chutney can also be served on crackers, toast or tortilla chips. Extra chutney can be placed on the side for a dip.