- 6 c. water
- 3 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken-style seasoning
- 3-4 red or green Thai peppers, crushed
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass or 4 Tbsp. frozen lemongrass
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 c. thinly sliced shitake mushrooms
- 3½ Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- Other vegetables of choice
- Spray a medium size skillet with cooking spray. Cut tofu into large pieces and lightly sear them in a skillet over medium heat.
- Bring water and McKay’s chicken-style seasoning to a boil on the stove. Finely chop the lemongrass and add it to the stock. Boil for 1-2 min. Add the Thai peppers and garlic and let boil for 2 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until the mushrooms and vegetables are tender.