- Three whole-grain sub buns
- Toppings of choice
- Cover a 3 foot board with wrapping paper. Cut buns in half lengthwise. Cut inner ends of bread to make 1 long loaf of the length desired.
- Spread lettuce over bottom of sandwiches. Mix Vegenaise and mustard and spread over the lettuce. Add toppings.
- Spread tops of buns with Vegenaise and mustard. Place on top of sandwich. Fix with toothpicks and cut into portions. Serve on covered board.
* Suggested toppings: sliced tomatoes, roasted eggplant slices, roasted zucchini, roasted yellow squash, roasted red pepper, red onion, etc. Roasted vegetables were sliced lengthwise and baked at 350 degrees until done.