- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 8 Tbsp. red or green curry paste
- 2 tsp. vegeSal or other all-purpose seasoning
- 2 Thai bird’s eye chilies or 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- two 15-oz. cans coconut milk
- 2 c. sliced Portabello mushrooms
- 3 c. fresh green beans, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 c. coarsely chopped zucchini
- 2 c. coarsely chopped yellow squash
- 3 c. cubed potatoes, boiled until tender yet firm
- salt to taste
- In a large stock pot, sauté the onion in the canola oil over medium to low heat, until soft and clear. Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté about 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are slightly tender.
- Add the zucchini and yellow squash. Stir curry paste into the coconut milk and add to vegetables in the pan. Add green beans and chilies or cayenne. If using the bird’s eye chilies, make sure to leave them whole.
- Continue to cook until the vegetables are slightly tender, but still firm. Add the potatoes and gently stir to mix. Serve over warm brown rice.