- 4 c. sliced mushrooms
- 2 c. vegan chicken, cut into thin strips
- 2 c. red, yellow and orange sweet pepper strips
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 – 2 tsp. hot chili bean paste
- 1 Tbsp. canola, sesame or peanut oil
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 1/2 tsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 1 c. lite coconut milk or soy milk
- 1 1/4 c. crunchy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. pure, dark sesame oil
- Enough pizza dough for two 14 inch pizzas
- Sriracha sauce
- Spray a large skillet with a non-stick cooking spray and add the mushrooms, vegan chicken and pepper strips.
- Sauté until vegetables are tender but firm. Remove from heat and set aside.
- For the Peanut sauce – heat the 1 Tbsp. of oil in a medium saucepan. Add the garlic and chili paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and stir and heat until well blended. (About 2 minutes) Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread the half the dough over a 14-inch pizza pan. Pour ¾ cup of the peanut sauce on top and spread evenly over the dough.
- Add 2 cups of the mushroom, vegan chicken and pepper mixture over the sauce making sure to distribute over whole pizza. Repeat for the second pizza.
- Place in oven and bake at 425 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until crust is browned and crispy.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with Sriracha hot sauce if desired. Slice and serve.