- 2 c. ground walnut gluten or any ground veggie meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. pecan meal
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, unfermented
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp. sage
- 6 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar or to taste
- You can make your own bread crumbs by placing fresh whole wheat bread in food processor and pulsing until crumbs are formed, then bake in the oven at 200 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
- Mix gluten, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, pecan meal, soy sauce, yeast flakes, 1/2 tablespoons turbinado sugar and sage. Mix well with hands until mixture holds together.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with oil spray. Form the meatloaf mixture into a loaf down the center of the pan. Mix topping ingredients together and spoon over loaf. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Surround the loaf with your favorite vegetables and serve.