- 2 c. ground walnut gluten or any ground veggie meat *
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 c. cornmeal
- 1 c. unbleached white flour
- 1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 1 Tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. wheat germ
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. soy flour
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. soy or almond milk
- In a small bowl, stir together the ground gluten, paprika, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder.
- In a separate bowl, stir cornmeal, unbleached flour, turbinado sugar, baking powder, wheat germ, sea salt and soy flour together.
- Add oil and milk and stir until moistened. With moistened hands, spread half of the cornbread mixture into pie dish, spreading across the bottom and up the sides.
- Fill with veggie meat mixture and spread remaining cornbread mixture over the entire top. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, until hot and browned.
* for a gluten-free option, try using ground soy curls.