- 2 1/4 c. water
- 1 c. bulgur wheat
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2 green onions, slivered
- 3/4 c. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper
- Bring water and bulgur wheat to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for about an hour, or until water is absorbed.
- Drain if necessary. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.