- 1 med. onion, diced
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- dash cayenne
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. McKay’s beef style seasoning
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. Braggs liquid aminos
- 1/2 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. chili paste, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 c. water
- 1/3 c. apricot jam
- Sauté onion in a medium-hot skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray until onion is translucent.
- Add eggplant, cayenne, and salt and cook until tender. Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl, then add to skillet.
- Simmer for five minutes or until thickened and tender.