- 1 c. soy curls
- 1 c. hot water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. unfermented soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- Soak soy curls in hot water until tender. In a medium skillet, sauté garlic and prepared soy curls in olive oil.
- Add peppers and onions and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the juice from the pineapple (1/2 cup), lemon juice, soy sauce, turbinado sugar, paprika and cornstarch.
- Add cornstarch mixture to vegetables in skillet and cook until thickened.
- Stir in pineapple and continue to cook just until everything is hot. Serve over brown rice.