- 8 cups very thinly sliced raw sweet potatoes, about 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 c. baked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheet with a non-stick cooking spray and lay sweet potato slices on pan. Spray tops with non-stick cooking spray and bake until tender. Set aside.
- Remove skins from baked sweet potatoes and place potatoes in mixing bowl. Add salt and mash with potato masher. Spoon into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Insert edges of sweet potato slices into the mashed sweet potatoes in a circular pattern, ending in the center. Fold the center slices to look like the inner petals of a flower.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and place under broiler for a just a few minutes. Serve hot along with your main entrée for the meal.