- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 c. fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 c. celery, chopped
- 6 c. Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix
- ½ tsp. sage
- 4 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. McKay’s Chicken Style Seasoning
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. pecans, coarsely chopped
- 5 c. sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. soy margarine
- ½ c. flour
- sprinkle cinnamon
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Sauté onion until clear, then add mushrooms and celery and cook until tender. Add the stuffing mix, pecans and sage and mix thoroughly.
- In a four-cup measuring cup, add McKay’s Chicken Style Seasoning and water. Mix and add to the skillet.
- Mix thoroughly and add to a 9 x 13″ baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Then layer mashed sweet potatoes on top of stuffing mix.
- Prepare topping by cutting the margarine into the flour. Add sugar. Mix well. Sprinkle evenly over the top, then sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.