- 2 c. unbleached flour with germ
- 2 Tbsp. fructose
- 1+1/2 Tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. soy margarine
- 2 c. mashed sweet potato
- 7 – 8 Tbsp. soy milk
- In a medium bowl, stir the dry ingredients together.
- With a pastry blender, work the soy margarine into the dry mixture until it resembles small peas. With a hand mixer, blend the sweet potato and soy milk together until smooth.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture, mixing and kneading lightly.
- Turn out onto a floured counter top and pat out to about 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with biscuit cutter and place on oiled baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup if you like.