- 1 green plantain, peeled and cooked *
- 2 oz. non-dairy cream cheese
- onion powder
- parsley flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, shredded
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 orange pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- minced gluten
- Mash cooked plantain while it is still warm. Add non-dairy cream cheese, shredded garlic, chives and seasonings. Add enough water to make into a dough. If it too sticky, coat with bread crumbs.
- Sauté peppers, onions, cilantro, and veggie meat in olive oil. Salt to taste.
- Shape plantain dough into cups in the bottom of an oil-sprayed muffin pan. Bake in a moderate oven until golden brown. Stuff with filling.
- Top with veggie cheese if you like and bake for a few minutes until cheese is melted. To serve, add some finely shredded cabbage, cilantro and lime juice on the top if you like.
* to cook plantain, slice and steam like potatoes until tender – it cooks longer than potatoes.