- 2 c. vital wheat gluten
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/3 c. nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp. VegeSal or any all-purpose seasoning
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 c. canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c. vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp. Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Blend garlic, pinto beans, vegetable broth, Braggs aminos and olive oil until smooth and set aside. In a large bowl stir together the gluten flour, whole wheat flour, yeast flakes and VegeSal.
- Pour in the blended mixture. Stir until a soft dough forms and then gently knead with your hands until everything is well incorporated.
- Place two large pieces of tin foil on the counter making sure the pieces overlap. Place the gluten in the middle of the foil and begin to smooth into a rectangle approximately 17 x 14 inches.
- Spread the stuffing mixture evenly over the gluten, and then begin to gently roll until a log is formed. Gently push together until the log is about 13 inches long. Roll up the foil around it making sure the ends are folded tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet and place in a 350-degree oven for 90 minutes. Make sure to turn the roll every 20 min. for even cooking. Remove from oven and let cool.
- At this point the roast may be stored in the refrigerator for 2- 3 days until ready to serve.
- Two or three hours before serving, wrap the roast in puff pastry and bake according to the directions on the puff pastry box, or until golden brown. Transfer to serving dish, slice and serve with your favorite gravy.