- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1+1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1+1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 small butternut squash, cubed (bake until tender)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. peanuts*
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1+1/2 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- grilled tofu, in large chunks*
- Crush garlic and sauté with sesame oil and curry paste for 1 minute. Chop onion coarsely, add and sauté until onions are clear.
- Add mushrooms and cooked squash cubes and continue to sauté, stirring until coated; stir in coconut milk. Add up to 1+1/4 cups water if mixture is too thick.
- Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender. Add salt to taste. Serve over brown rice.
* To prepare fresh peanuts, toast raw peanuts in dry skillet until cooked. To grill tofu, wrap in paper towels and place under a weight until excess water is removed. Spray skillet or baking sheet with cooking oil spray and fry or bake until browned.