- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 c. fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 7 c. fresh baby spinach
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1 9.5-oz. package MorningStar Farms Grillers Chik’n Veggie Patties, diced
- 1/2 c. silken tofu
- 1 16-oz. package filo dough
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in a skillet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium hot until onions are clear.
- Drain off any excess liquid. Add spinach, salt, McKay’s Chicken Seasoning, red pepper flakes, cayenne, and diced MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Chik’n Veggie Patties.
- Unroll the filo dough on a flat surface and keep it covered with waxed paper and a damp towel so it doesn’t dry out and become brittle.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the filo into 3 x 11-inch strips and cover with the towel. Separate two strips of filo dough and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one tablespoon of spinach filling 1 inch from the end of the pastry. Fold the end over the filling to form a triangle, then continue to fold up the strip in triangles, like folding up a flag.
- Continue with remaining strips of dough, placing filled triangles on the baking sheet and keeping them covered with a towel until all are ready to bake.
- Spray the tops of each with nonstick cooking spray, place on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 7 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden and crisp. Serve hot.