- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 box brown rice lasagna noodles
- 2 packages vegan shredded cheese
- 1 bag organic spinach leaves
- 1 package organic firm tofu
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. chicken style seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Italian style seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. yeast flakes
- 1 tsp. Herbamare seasoning
- Bring 1/4 cup water to a boil and add Italian seasoning and herbamare. Stir and steam until water is almost absorbed.
- Add tomatoes and peppers and simmer over reduced heat.
- In blender, combine tofu, onion and garlic. Blend until smooth. Add to tomato mixture.
- Add chicken style and yeast flakes. Simmer until thoroughly heated. Set aside.
- Spread some spaghetti sauce in the bottom of an 8 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Place uncooked lasagna noodles over the tomato sauce.
- Spread half of the tomato/tofu mixture evenly over the noodles.
- Spread all of the spinach leaves over the top. Add half of the vegan shredded cheese and more spaghetti sauce.
- Add one more layer of noodles, then top with tofu mixture, remaining spaghetti sauce and remaining vegan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
*variation: You can add artichoke hearts instead of onion and garlic, also add more artichoke pieces to sauce for texture.