- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest, and a little of the juice
- 8-ounce can water chestnuts, chopped
- 16-ounce package extra firm water packed tofu, cubed
- 4 Tbsp. lite soy sauce
- 2 tsp. vegetarian chili sauce
- 16 butter or bib lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté onions ginger, lemon and garlic for 6 – 8 minutes. Add water chestnuts and tofu. Cook for about 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in the soy sauce and transfer to a serving bowl. When ready to serve, wrap a little of the mixture, along with a dab of chili sauce, in a lettuce leaf, and enjoy.