- 1 Tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp. fresh jalapeño, minced
- 1 c. red quinoa
- 1 c. vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 1 c. yellow squash, finely diced
- 1 c. zucchini, finely diced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. hot & spicy Spike natural gourmet seasoning
- salt to taste
- Sauté the garlic and jalapeno in the oil in a large skillet over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until slightly soft. Add seasonings and sauté lightly.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and stir to mix well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until the quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve warm with fresh-diced avocado.