- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 c. celery, diced
- 1 c. sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 c. green chilies, diced
- 1/3 c. jalapeños, sliced
- 1 c. water
- 2 c. uncooked brown rice
- 2 c. petite diced canned tomatoes
- 3 1/2 c. whole canned tomatoes with juice
- 1+1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onion in a little olive oil until clear.
- Add celery, pepper flakes, salt, jalapeños, yellow pepper and green chilies and sauté a few minutes longer.
- Add rice and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add water and tomatoes, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed.