- 2 c. uncooked brown rice
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1/4 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 medium red or green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. green Spanish olives, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. chicken style seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 c. water
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
Place brown rice into a dry skillet and toast over medium-low heat for a few minutes, or until rice becomes whiter in color. Remove rice and set aside.
Add the oil to the skillet, along with the onions and peppers. Sauté for a few minutes, then add olives, tomatoes and garlic. Add seasonings.
Add water and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Add and stir in rice, cover and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.