- 1 cup pecan meal
- 2 cups crushed cracker crumbs or bread crumbs
- 1 14-ounce package extra firm water-packed tofu
- 1 teaspoon vege-sal (or your favorite seasoned salt)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Amino (or soy sauce)
- 1 medium Onion
1 24-ounce jar pasta sauce
1 16-ounce package spaghetti
8 whole grain submarine sandwich buns
- To make meatballs, blend tofu, onion, and seasonings in blender until smooth. Pour over pecan meal and crumbs. Mix together and form into balls.
- Place meatballs on sprayed cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees till browned, about 30 minutes.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Mix with the desired amount of spaghetti sauce.
Place the submarine buns into the oven at 350 for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Place 3 meatballs on each bun and top with spaghetti.
If desired, add more spaghetti sauce. Serve hot.