- 2 medium to large fresh rutabagas, peeled and cut into 2-inch wide strips
- 6 large carrots, peeled and cut into thin 2-inch long strips
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- Place rutabagas and carrots into a large saucepan and cover with water. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but firm.
- Drain vegetables and place in bowl, cover and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt the margarine with the next 4 ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Add the vegetables and gently stir until all vegetables are well coated.
- Add the fresh chopped dill and gently stir again. Cook another 2-3 minutes stirring often. Serve warm.