- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 c. celery, diced
- 1 Tbsp. soy margarine
- 2 Tbsp. sweet red pepper diced
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeño peppers, diced
- 1/2 c. diced green chilies
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 c. creamed corn
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 c. Silk creamer, original or almond milk, original
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion in margarine until clear. Add celery and red pepper. When pepper is tender add all other ingredients except for the Silk creamer. Simmer on low for one hour.
- Mix together Silk creamer and cornstarch and add to soup. Cook for an additional fifteen minutes, or until slightly thickened. Serve hot!