- 2 c. hot water
- 1 c. onions, finely diced
- 1 c. celery, finely diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. McKay’s beef-style seasoning
- 1/4 c. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 3/4 c. low sugar or fruit-sweetened ketchup
- 2+1/2 c. veggie burger of choice
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, place water, onion, celery and salt. Simmer until the onions and celery are almost tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 15 minutes. Serve with homemade wheat buns, oven fries, and a vegetable relish tray.