- 1 1/2 c. uncooked pasta shells or brown rice pasta
- 1 (32 0z.) jar vegan spaghetti sauce
- 1 recipe tofu cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 package firm water-packed tofu
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. turbinado sugar or agave nectar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- To prepare tofu cheese, mash tofu and stir in lemon juice, sugar or agave, sea salt, basil, garlic, onion and yeast flakes.
- Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13″ baking pan. Spread cooked pasta over the top, then add tofu cheese.
- Spread remaining tomato sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.