- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c. eggplant, chopped
- 2 14.5 oz. cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 c. carrots, diced
- 3 c. mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. dried savory
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp. Vegesal
- 1/4 c. Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1/2 c. red or white grape juice
- 1 c. water
- salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions in olive oil. Add garlic, eggplant, mushrooms and seasonings. Add remaining vegetables except tomatoes and sauté lightly.
- Add water, grape juice, liquid aminos and tomatoes. Salt to taste. Simmer about 45 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Serving suggestion: Place polenta in large muffin tins and press in center to hollow out a depression. When set, remove from muffin tins and fill with Sicilian Stew.