- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 package tofu, water-packed, extra firm
- 2 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 inch long pieces
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. chicken-like seasoning
- 1+1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce, unfermented
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Cut tofu into cubes. Add toasted sesame seeds and sea salt to tofu and mix well. Brown tofu in skillet, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, add a little oil, and stir-fry mushrooms, celery and green onions until crisp-tender.
- Mix water, chicken-like seasoning, soy sauce, cornstarch, paprika, yeast flakes and turbinado sugar. Stir into the cooked vegetables and cook until thick.
- Add tofu, heat and combine well. Serve with brown rice.