- 1 large onion, slivered
- 8 c. sliced raw potatoes
- 1 (5 oz.) package Lightlife smart (veggie) bacon
- salt to taste
- 2 c. unsweetened original Silk almond milk
- 2 c. original Silk creamer
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. cold almond milk
- seasoned bread crumbs
- soy margarine
- Sauté onions in an oil-sprayed skillet until onions are clear. Remove onions from pan and sauté veggie bacon.
- Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup almond milk. Place 2 cups almond milk into a saucepan and add cornstarch mixture, Silk creamer, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Heat until it reaches a simmer.
- Place a layer of potatoes into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with veggie bacon and onions. Repeat layers.
- Combine bread crumbs and soy margarine and mix until crumbly.
- Pour sauce over potatoes, top with breadcrumbs and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.