- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large zucchini, cut into slices
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 plum or Roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 c. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into pieces
- 1/2 c. black olives, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c. soy sour cream
- 1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 c. unbleached white flour, with germ
- 1/2 c. soy margarine
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c. cold water
- 1/8 c. vegan Parmesan alternative
- Sauté vegetables in olive oil until slightly tender, then add olives and seasonings. Cover and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- For pastry dough, combine dry ingredients and work in the soy margarine until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add water a little at a time, mixing until a soft dough is formed. Roll out crust and place in a deep pie dish.
- Drain vegetables and fill crust, then pull up edges of crust around filling until all the vegetables are covered except the center. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 40 minutes.