- 2 containers Mori-Nu tofu, extra firm
- 2 c. mock sausage, crumbled
- 1 c. spinach, fresh, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 c. onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 c. soy parmesan cheese
- 1 recipe Whole Wheat Pie Crust
- To make the filling: In the food processor place the tofu, nutritional yeast, half the soy cheese, turmeric, garlic powder, salt and lemon juice. Process until nice and smooth.
- Put the olive oil in a skillet. Add onions, sauté until clear. Add spinach to the skillet and sausage crumbles.
- Spoon the filling into the skillet mixture. Stir and heat through on low heat.
- Press the pie dough up the sides of the dish and around the inside of the dish until the whole surface is covered. Prick the crust with a fork to make sure there are no bubbles.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Sprinkle soy parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 400 degrees for about 1 hour until the center becomes firm.
* Broccoli or mushrooms can be used instead of spinach.