- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 c. water
- 6 c. Pepperidge Farm herb seasoned stuffing mix, or seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 c. brown rice
- 2 c. finely chopped pecans
- 1 – 15 oz. can mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 – 15 oz. cans black beans, undrained
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped mild green chilies
- additional water as needed
- Puree onion, garlic and 1 cup water in blender. Set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, combine and mix dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with hands until until mixture holds together, adding water as necessary.
- Form into burgers and place on oil-sprayed baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees about 20 minutes on each side. *
* These can be fried instead, if you like.