- 3 medium acorn squash, cut in half and seeded
- 2 medium sweet onions, diced
- 1 c. celery, finely chopped
- 1 19-oz. can Loma Linda Tender Bits, cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp. dried sage
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 c. wild rice blend, cooked according to package directions
- 1 1/2 c. pecans, roughly chopped and toasted
- 1 c. dried cranberries
Cranberry Pomegranate Juice:
- 1 c. pomegranate juice
- 3/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 c. fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray acorn squash halves with a nonstick cooking spray and place cut side down on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from oven and fill with the rice mixture. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove and place on individual serving plates.
- Drizzle with the cranberry pomegranate sauce and serve.
- For Rice Filling: In a large skillet sauté the onions, celery, Loma Linda® Tender Bits, and sage in oil over medium heat until onion is clear.
- Add salt to taste and mix in the cooked rice blend, pecans, and dried cranberries. Stir to mix. Remove from heat.
- For Cranberry Pomegranate Juice: Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan, cover, and bring to a boil, watching carefully to make sure it does not boil over.
- Uncover and cook at a rapid simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often, until the cranberries have burst and the liquid has reduced enough to become saucy. Serve at room temperature.