- 2 c. dried beans (pinto, black, red, pink, cranberry or combination)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced, opt.
- 1/4 medium jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- Sort beans, rinse and pour into large saucepan. Add water until it is 1 inch above the beans. Add onions and bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let soak for 1 hour. Cook beans until tender.
- Drain beans and place in food processor. Pulse until desired consistency is reached. Add garlic, salt and oil and mix well.